Here @ Website Republic, we look at websites all day, every day! And ever so often we come across other peoples websites we like to examine closer.
Today, we focus on a chamber of commerce site we think has been done especially well. Chamber of Commerce sites faces several challenges.
- They need to be easy to maintain – there are a lot of activity info that needs to be said.
- They need to be easy to navigate for member and non-members – business people always have too little time so presenting easy information is vital.
- They should be working on all platforms – a 24hr news cycle / social media means people will check it from computers and mobile devices.
- They should convey a strong branding – the visual identity needs to be consist, business like and create easy recognition.
The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber is a prime example of such a well executed website and branding. Kudos and [xyz-ihs snippet=”5-black-stars”]
- Clear color scheme – blue conveys business and trust.
- Great logo – modern, emphasizes this is a Chamber of Commerce.
- Social Media icons fits branding.
- Events up front and center – one click/tab and all event details are there
- Clear site design supports the need to reconfigure the site on the fly for mobile devices with easy thumb/tab navigation – totally responsive. Great.
- Site support various ways of user navigation – top menu, on page section menu and search.
- Has limited slider image max width to control page load time.
- Site has supporting social media sites featuring the overall branding.
Again – overall KUDOS for a job well done.